Advanced Rider Training
You can’t buy experience on a bike; however, the right training will accelerate your expertise and technique!
Don’t let the word “advanced” deter you! We cater for both experienced and learner riders. If you are finding the course difficult we can simplify the drills and skills, or if you are finding it too easy we can certainly take it up a level to suit you. Our training systems are unique; we are the only training company that teaches the true art of how to feel the stroke of the forks, as this will give you the feeling of grip during braking and cornering.
Our advanced levels 1 – 3 are aimed at all levels of riders and levels 4 – 6 are aimed at track and race riders. Our advanced motorcycle training has been designed to take your riding skills to the next level and ensure you are the best and safest rider you can be. Just like your bike’s gearbox, our Advance Level courses start from one and go to six; and just like your gearbox, our courses run sequentially, each building on the last. Because of that, it is a course requirement that the Advance Levels are taken in order and no levels are “missed”.
- Structured programs are about skills and drills. We break the skill down into drills to then add those drills together to make a skill. This is done in a small group and personal instruction and feedback. If you are looking for in-depth structured learning our Advanced Rider Training Levels are the course for you!
- Organic learning is where you get on a motor bike and ride/practice. Organics is important but without some structure you will not improve or know what it is that you are missing. If you are looking to practice and polish your skills, without structure, our Coach & Setup Days are the course for you!
Advanced Rider Training Levels 1 – 6
Is this course for you?
If you are wanting to take your riding to the next level, our advanced rider training courses are for you!
- Level 1, 2 & 3 are aimed at all levels of riders; road riders, track riders and race riders
- Level 4 & 5 are aimed at track and race riders
- Level 6 is aimed at race riders
What to expect on the day?
- 5 x technical classroom sessions, includes hands-on
- 5 on-track sessions
- 70% practical and 30% theory, which means riders are guaranteed plenty of riding
- Demonstrations of all skills and drills before you practice
- Personalised debrief on track during the drills
- Small class sizes (between 4 – 12 riders) – student to coach ratio is 6:1 or lower
- Lunch, the day is fully catered for
- World class coaching that will take your riding far beyond what you currently think possible
- Top Rider’s unique program that has helped many national and international racers achieve their goals
- Rider evaluation paperwork to fill out throughout the day and to take home with you for reminders
Find out what each level entails below
What to bring?
- Students will need to bring a motorcycle with a full tank of fuel
- Riders must wear full leathers (leathers are required) except at our Gold Coast location you can just wear full PPE!
- Each level is fully catered for
- $495 PER LEVEL
- $495 LEVEL 1
SYDNEY MOTORSPORT PARK EASTERN CREEK
- $495 PER LEVEL on weekdays
- $580 PER LEVEL on weekends
ZipPay Now Available
To book and make payment using ZipPay call us on 1300 13 13 62
Find out what each level entails:
Levels 1 to 3 focus on predominantly braking and cornering and is aimed at every day riders. Levels 4 to 6 focus on more advanced riders through to racers.
Level 1 (Braking & Cornering)
The start of becoming a better, safer motorcyclist. This is a great start for all riders.
- Level 1 is suitable for all levels of riders; road riders, track riders and race riders
Grip control and system of control for dry and wet
Braking and cornering
Rider posture and Body Language – braking and cornering
Rear brake skills
Throttle and gearing exercises – use of gearbox and clutch
Inappropriate rider inputs – using a system of control
Cornering – Posture
System control – wet Adjustment of speed up to corner
Level 2 (Braking & Cornering)
Here our instructors aim to have you riding on the correct line and at the right speed!
- Level 2 is also aimed at road riders, track riders and race riders
Braking & Cornering Level 2 covers:
Grip front tyre – overlap braking and rear brake
Steering geometry – overlap front brake
Find the right marks and the line we want – positioning information
Change of direction – posture – brake depth
Turning efficiently – steering geometry
System of control – dry turns, grip front
Level 3 (Braking & Cornering)
We are now getting to the “meat” of building you into a more intelligent rider, delving deeper into correct lines, grip and braking.
- Level 3 is also aimed at road, track and race riders
Braking & Cornering Level 3 covers:
Change cornering lines
Dealing with different kinds of corners and cambers – different strategies and speeds
Flat turn lines
Decreasing radius lines, Increasing radius lines
Advanced grip knowledge, deeper braking points
Engine lock-ups, rear wheel chatter
Reference points, timing points, measurement
It’s here we say goodbye to the fast road riders and concentrate on the track-day riders and racers. Here instructors aim to take you directly to the front of your group or race. Therefore, the speeds are now significantly increased and the lines become narrower to really focus the mind.
- Level 4 is aimed at track and race riders
Level 4 covers:
An increased track speed over Level 3
Inch-perfect lines around the entire track
Hard acceleration including standing the bike up
Correct passing lines
Levels 1 to 4 have created great momentum and you can now feel the difference in your riding; so lets get a bit of polish onto your skills and lets do it for real! During level 5 you will perform passing manoeuvres with your instructor and vital track craft to keep you clear of dramas.
- Level 5 is aimed at track and race riders
Level 5 covers:
Sports body English
Lightning fast changes of direction
Time and fatigue saving body actions
Real time live passing
Learn to follow and not to follow
High engine rpm
Congratulations you have reached Level 6; where champions are born! It is here you will tackle some awesome sport specifics, track sectors, fast laps, defensive laps, and craft that will teach you when to hang and when not to.
- Level 6 is aimed at race riders
Level 6 covers:
Break track down
Advanced gear points up and down, efficiency
Fast lap defensive laps
When to sit back/when to run
Sports training – elite to club
Gearing edge of tyre