Q Ride Licensing Course
Q Ride is a competency-based Licence assessment course that you complete to get your motorcycle licence. Q Ride aims to ensure riders can demonstrate a level of skill and proficiency as a motorbike rider.
ARE YOU READY TO GO FOR YOUR LICENSE?
Here's some self-assessment questions - if you are having trouble with any of these you will need to do a Refresher Course on the morning of your QRide assessment.
1. Can you SLOW RIDE? Keep bike balanced, not allowing feet to hit the ground or deviate off a straight line, and control the bike over 15 meters in 11 seconds or better?
2. Can you do a smooth FIGURE OF 8? Control bike in 2nd gear, looking ahead of the bike and using throttle to turn your bike keeping your arms relaxed, use rear break without dragging it?
3. COUNTER STEERING - If you push on the right handle bar what way will the bike turn right or left?
4. SLALOM - Weave bike between cones 4 meters apart whilst keeping eyes up using peripheral vision to negotiate hats, by pushing on handle bars and correct posture?
5. POSTURE - Do you know the correct posture when riding?
6. BRAKING - Explain the correct posture for braking? EMERGENCY BRAKING - Can you stop the motorcycle in 18 meters on command? Do you use the front brake and what percentage front to rear on a good surface? What brake do you use when cornering? Do you stop and keep your right foot up all the time?
7. ROADCRAFT - List FOUR road hazardous surfaces.
8. Can you POSITION yourself on the road and think of the following? 3 seconds travel distance -Stay out of blind spots - You turn your head and check blind spots prior to every turn. How about EVASIVE ACTION? Are you capable of evading danger with short notice?
9. ATTITUDE - What Motorcycle protective clothing should you always wear? Do you display a safe and defensive attitude on the road at all times?
10. SYSTEM OF CONTROL - What foot do you keep up? Do you stay with right foot up on rear brake and bike in first gear at all times? Explain what Buffer Zones are? When approaching and intersection what do you do, brake first and then gear down or gear down first and brake?
If you are not sure of some of these answers then we suggest that you do our Refresher Course so that we can update your skillls in preparation for your QRide assessment.
WHERE ARE Q RIDE COURSES HELD?
Top Rider provides QRide courses all over Queensland: Gold Coast QRide, Nerang QRide, Toowoomba QRide, Townsville QRide, Mackay QRide, Bundaberg QRide, Gladstone QRide, Rockhampton QRide, Cairns QRide, Brisbane QRide, Sunshine Coast QRide, Toowoomba QRide, Mt Isa QRide and other parts of Australia.
To enquire about any of our courses please call 1300 131 362