You will need to go to the Queensland Transport Department to obtain your motorbike learner's permit (L RE). To locate your nearest department click here.
You will need to answer 5 out of the 8 questions below. Once you receive your motorbike learner's permit you can commence training immediately for the Qride competency based assessment.
1. Does the holder of a P1 or P2 type provisional motorbike licence have to display a P plate when riding a motorbike on a road?
2. Is a motorbike passenger required to wear a safety helmet?
3. Where must a rider's feet be placed while the motorbike is in motion?
Only on the footrests provided for the rider
4. Can a learner rider carry a pillion passenger on a motorbike while riding on a road?
5. How must a motorbike that does not have a sidecar attached be parked?
With one wheel as near as practical to the kerb
6. What is the legal maximum speed limit (unless signposted otherwise) for a motorbike rider in a built-up area?
7. What type of motorbike can be ridden under a class RE license?
A learner approved motorbike
8. Motorbike riders must ride –
No more than 2 riders side by side in one marked lane
9. As a learner motorcycle rider you must -
Display one L Plate which can be clearly seen from the rear of your vehicle